Friday, August 14, 2009

The Truth Is ...


The other lines of the book that I read stated :

"Finally he said, 'You're right. I'm not telling the truth'."

The statement of the author's client made him looked deeply into his own life and found quite a few lying. Inspired him to write 17 LIES book. The author himself is trying to see lie in different angle and make it as a motivation to do something better. How ?

He gave other sample when someone said that he's powerless. The author consider that's lie and how this lie could motivate someone to be powerful. Then I thought, how about other lies ? The lies that commonly appear in the relationship. The lies that other people and me realize how easy to do it.

But.. I'm not interesting with the lies. I just believe somehow all of us would lie, depends on the circumstances. I am more interesting to know the reasons why someone should tell lie or why I am lying. Why can't I just simply said, 'I'm not telling the truth', just like the statement above.

So... what's the truth ?
Do we always need to know the truth ?

We teach our children that honesty is the best policy. We attempt to potray ourselves as honest human beings. We claim that we always, always want to know the truth. But... is that really true or are we just lying to ourselves ?

Other article that I read stated ;

"The truth is, we lie. We lie for the sake of convenience. We lie so that people will like its better. We lie to avoid hurting people. We lie because we're secretly ashamed for feeling a certain way".

We lie to the most are the ones closest to us. Realizing that the consequences of what we say will be borne by those we share it with, filtering the truth has become a necessary survival tool."

... and I just stand still and try to examine the whole lines. At the same time, I just take a deep breath in remembering how I demand the truth in my relationship. I need more time then to capture the whole picture of what's going on, about this truth ...

article by HER WORLD MAGAZINE (The Truth Is ...) Nov 2008
picture by khwaja.wordpress.com
book by Steve Chandler (The Story Of You)

1 comment: